Welcome to my blog

Hi guys!
As this is my very first blog post, I'm going to start off by telling you guys a little bit about what I want my blog to be about. I aim to write a few lifestyle blogs that will give you guys an insight into what I do with my life, just in case anyone out there felt they really needed to know (by anyone, I mean probably no one, but hey ho!)
However, I do also love a bit of fashion talk, and I think it has been a crucial part of finding who I am as an individual and what I want to convey to others about my personality, so my blog will probably be mostly about clothes 'n all that jazz! But I'm also here to throw a little bit of realism into the mix so that's what this blog post is mostly going to be about.

So, although a materialistic and shallow interest to some, fashion can mean so much more for many. For me, It's a way to express myself without saying anything. It's a way to feel confident even when I really don't want to be. It's also a way to look in the mirror and finally feel that sense of contentedness with my appearance after I've managed to put together a fabby (sometimes a little too wacky, as I've been told many times, whoops #sorrynotsorry) outfit attire that makes me feel like a queen- albeit after several outfit changes, but still, got there eventually! And over the years I have taught myself how not to care what anyone else thinks about my outfit choices- and It feels damn good let me tell you! So hopefully, I can help some of you learn how not to care along the way too- that is the ultimate goal anyway and I guess this blog is just my football pitch- Super tragic analogy but gotta give me some credit for trying!

Whilst I want my blog to be about fashion, I think it is important to be honest and keep it real. I think a lot of the time it is so easy to scroll through Instagram and wish you could morph into one of those fashion bloggers who are flawless and look like they're somehow always at their A game, am I right?! I know it's easy because I do it a lot myself- sometimes I can feel myself almost quite literally turning green with intense envy. Not so good when you're tryna get some mildly cute pics for the insta!
 But, my reality is that some days to be quite frank I really cannot be bothered to get up, pick out a perfect outfit with a pair of sassy heels and then talk myself into wearing the outfit out in public. Most days I look like I'm hanging majorly, but that's what you don't see when you scroll through social media and it's important to realise this, because it took me a long time to realise it myself.
As this is something that used to get me down way more than it does now, I thought why not start a blog, where yes I can talk about fashion but where I can also talk about how some days you're just not feelin' it and that is very very okay!
 In simpler terms, my blog is going to be about fashion, confidence, lifestyle and a lil bit of realism because #yolo.

Thanks for reading guys, make sure all you lovely people let me know what you want me to write about next- I'm as open minded for new ideas as Adam from Love island is for new girls! 
Beth x
(see below for a snazzy cardigan paired with a tragic and uncomfortable pose)





Jeans- both pairs from River Island £25 ( grabbed myself a bargain in the sale- doesn't get much better than that for a pair of super comfy super sassy jeans!!)
Red shaggy cardigan - Pretty Little Thing £45


Comments